Monday 4 November 2013

Benefit Rendezvous

Hello dolls! Its finally here, a post with my own pictures (FINALLY).

So I wandered into the big wide world of Debenhams today and to my surprise picked up a couple of freebies that I can't say I was expecting to come across. I was looking around the make-up counters trying to find the new Watts Up highlighter by Benefit, I found it! But to my dismay, it is a large sum of money, £24 to be exact...for a highlighter. For now, I'm debating on whether I want to purchase it or not. I might go back and try it on again with foundation as I had just come back from the library and floated around the Benefit counter for a while with no make up on - so obviously the highlighter was not applied properly.

However, I did apply it on my face and it did look pretty good. It gave a glow to my cheek bones which I've been looking for, for a LONG time! I've always wondered "how to the beauty gurus have such glowing cheekbones?" and I seem to have found the secret potion of beauty. I also found that they have jobs at the Benefit counter and you don't have to have make up experience so guess who's applying? Yes, me, you guessed correctly. Might as well try, I mean how amazing would the discounts be?

Anyway, onto the main point of this post! I got a lot of freebies to try out and I'll tell you how I have found them this week. The lady was so kind enough to give me two of everything and I had been meaning to try their foundation as I'm on the hunt for a new one (bonus), so here goes nothing. Enjoy my very inexperienced photo taking skills.


First of all, how amazing is this packaging? They really do know how to sway customers and this is just for people who are sampling the products! They do put a lot of effort into their packaging but somehow make it look chic and effortless whilst still very classy.







I was quite impressed with the amount of foundation they give you. Usually other testers I have picked up have been considerably smaller. The fact that I also got two means I will be able to test it properly on my skin to see if it blends well with my skin tone!



This product I'm assuming is some sort of moisturiser which is applied onto a freshly cleaned face - to those who have problems with oily skin, its oil free, not to worry!  I believe this is something you could put before applying make up to rejuvenate your skin a little.


The main purpose of this product is to get rid of dark circles and younger looking eyes. Eye cream, I challenge you to a duel of making my eye bags vanish, even just slightly...please!


The total moisture facial cream is your 'average Joe' of moisturisers and is just the solution to any dry skin which I have a lot of problems with, in winter especially so this should be interesting to explore. If it doesn't work, I'll be completely honest with it as I have nothing to lose because these things were all free.


All in all there were 8 products, duplicates of each which means I will be writing how I found the four products. The four were the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation, Triple Performing Facial Emulsion, Total Moisture Facial Cream and their own eye cream!

Have fun indulging in these amateur pictures and let me know what you think of this post and if you'd like to see more like this! Thanks for reading dolls, hope you're all well x

No comments:

Post a Comment