Thursday 31 October 2013

Its Always The Same

3...2..1...okay.

Hey guys, it feels like I always start off the blog post with the same thing or I say that its been a while every time I start a new post, because it has but that's beside the point. It may well have been a while but I feel like I need a new catchphrase or something that I can say and people will be like "oh hey doesn't that girl say that" but I've got nothing to that effect except "hey guys", how lame.

Moving on from my slightly strange introduction to this post. ITS HALLOWEEN! Did anybody dress up? If so, let me see your pictures on your blogs or post them somewhere and send a link, that would be awesome as I sadly didn't dress up this year, boo. I feel like I've slightly outgrown this holiday now, its actually put into perspective that its no longer acceptable for me to dress up silly or to ask people for free sweets. Me and my friend attempted to do scary halloween inspired make up this weekend and it went *terribly* wrong as we are utterly rubbish at doing make up and it should be taken away from us. I ended up looking like I'd been punched in the eye (which you may be thinking, "isn't that what you would be going for, I mean it is halloween") but the thing  is, that wasn't really how it looked - it seemed like I'd just smudged some eyeshadow on my face. There was a reason for this by the way, we don't just sit there in our spare time and try to look scary. We had plans for the weekend but unfortunately my boss didn't give me the day off so the plan went sour. This made me realise I probably need to start learning how to apply make up because everybody seems to know except me, plus I look like a 12 year old so it would help me actually look my age rather than get mistaken for someone six years younger. Don't get me wrong, its great to look younger...when you're about 40.

Its more than half way through my week off and I've got tons of work to be doing. Yet I'm here blogging to everyone about having lots of work to do but not doing anything, procrastinating as we know it. I actually don't know why but I procrastinate more than the average person. At the time (right now) I feel like I have a lot of time to do it so I start making excuses for the next day, oh I'll wake up really early tomorrow and start doing my work and then finish it all. I can't even do that on a regular day, let alone when I have a week off. So I pretty much lie to myself so I don't have to do it today. However, I somehow always manage to finish so I'll wind up doing it...at some point...one day. I'm sure there's a minority of us out there, hey you 6% of the population who are extremely lazy, I feel you. But who wants to really talk about Sociology anyway, its a bunch of pretentious snobs that think they know what causes problems in society when in reality its probably just the corruption of the government or our human nature that causes them, its fun to learn (am I really saying this?) but I'd rather blog.

I've just realised why no one reads my posts - probably because the titles seem like hormonal teenage girl problems. I just never know what to name my posts so they end up sounding peculiar and well, hormonal? That may be due to the fact I am a 17 year old teenage girl or because I am too lazy to think of something interesting. I'm thinking the second option. Don't be fooled by the strange title people of the Internet, I promise its not that type of blog...or is it because its starting to sound like one. Moving swiftly along...this post has been slightly dishevelled as I don't seem to have clear structure in what I'm writing about. Its just kind of there, in space, on paper, on a white background even, with black print. What I'm thinking at this specific moment in time 1:07am 1/11/2013, almost like a diary of some sort.

Internet shopping will be the debt of me. Its a problem to most in this day and age, not only can you shop in town/at a shopping centre but you can go home and shop on your computer. Its the fascination of putting so many items into your imaginary shopping bag that you won't really buy because it totals over £100 every time but you keep going anyway. Yeah, that feeling. I'm pretty sure I will at some point in my life be in that position (debt) due to the fact that there are SO MANY SALES when I'm in no current position to be spending the amount of money I'd like to on clothes. However, good news for me - its nearly my birthday. Which means for one day I'm just going to go wild, absolutely crazy (not really) and spend quite a bit of money on clothes and stuff and things I probably don't need but I'm going to buy anyway. Knowing my luck, there will be no sales and no nice clothes in the stores at the time I go shopping. Just you watch, I'll definitely let you know if that happens.

My friend actually told me to write a blog post about boots and it just clicked in my head that I really do need a decent, long lasting pair of boots. I literally have one pair of boots and they're not appropriate for walking long distances as they're heels so I'm currently on the hunt for a new pair of boots. If anybody has any nice boots they've recently purchased then drop a link in the comments section please and let me know! I'm now going to retreat to Polyvore on the search for some boots as that has been the easiest place for me to find items in my price range and really nice ones at that.

I will be seeing you lovely people sooner rather than later, goodbye for now dolls x

No comments:

Post a Comment